Thursday, February 7, 2013

Adele Parks Love lies and Game over review



It's been a while since I posted any book reviews so I though this could be a good time. Last two books that I finished were by Adele Sparks and they fall into the chick lit category. If you plan on reading Love lies or Game over and you don't like spoilers I suggest you skip this because there are spoilers in the review. Don't tell I didn't warn you ;)

Love LiesLove Lies by Adele Parks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really like the style of writing, the story draws you in after the first few pages. When I look at the book as a whole I'm slightly disappointed because I feel like the author suddenly changed her mind in the middle of the book and started to write a 180 degrees turn so Fern and Adam could have a "happy ending". It was fun to read but sometimes I rolled my eyes so hard I thought they would fall out. Who would be so oblivious of what is happening around her? And why would she go back to her old boyfriend, because he is familiar and safe? He won't sleep with your male friend? If this wasn't a chick-lit book I would have expected that Fern moved on and found a third person who would make her happy. But that would take time and she couldn't start making babies and after all she is thirty now so it would be the end of the world.


View all my reviews



Game OverGame Over by Adele Parks
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I must say that this one was pretty predictable from the beginning of the book and for me less interesting than Love lies. Parks obviously has a style of writing that is easy to read and that is what pulls me into the stories. Character wise I think this book is also lacking in character development. The main character is a cold hearted bitch and there are no reasons to like her other than the usual, she is the main character. The final twist is not very believable and I think it serves just to shock people. The only likable character is Darren and he is just here to serve as a prince on a white horse. For the times that you don't look for something very substantial to read it's ok, if not search for something else.


View all my reviews

6 comments:

  1. Joj ja više nemam živaca za knjige tog tipa. Ne znam jesu one počele biti jako loše ili se meni dogodio pomak u glavi, al teško mi je probavljati rečenice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. meni je jos ok ako su napisane solidnim stilom pa za izgubit jedno dva popodneva na nju je ok. sad pokusavam uspostavit ritam bar jednu pametnu jednu bilo koju knjigu. ne mogu stalno ni citat ozbiljne stvari prezasitim se onda mi se uopce ne cita

      Delete
  2. po tvojoj recenziji, ovo baš i nije tip knjige koji bi mene privukao ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ajme da ti nisi opcenito ljubitelj chick lita ako se dobro sjecam

      Delete
  3. Život je kratak za loše knjige! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. slazem se apsolutno :) ovo nisu bas skroz lose knjige, ali kad znas sto ocekujes i ne potrosis puno vremena na to ok je.

      Delete

Thank you for coming and reading, please leave a trace of your presence here I love reading your comments :)