Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Illamasqua beauty school drop in with Clare Lille

As you've probably already read Illamasqua organized Beauty school drop in this Sunday just for the beauty bloggers in Croatia and the guest make up artist was lovely Clare Lille. I have some pictures for you but I apologize for the bad quality, there were lots of girls with much better cameras than mine, so you can go and look at their pictures. I tried to do my best with what I had :) If you are in Zagreb and interested in make up tips, Illamasqua is organizing more beauty school drop ins during January and February so be sure to check that out. 



This is Clare and I'm in love with her accent I could have listened to her for hours. She did two looks first was a smokey eye with nude lips and second was eyeliner with ombre lips. 


Her first model was Voodoo blonde and she started with the eyebrows. On both looks she did a strong eyebrow, where the tail is darker and really precise and the front is softer and fluffier. If you want a crisp line you can use a concealer with angled brush and then with a downward motion you can achieve a straight line. Then you blend out the concealer before applying foundation. Then with a black Sophie pencil she made a line really close to the lash line which she then blended upwards. Her tip for blending was that you don't hold your brush too close to the bristles so you can have softer motions and blend better. If you want your smokey eye to last longer you can set it with with black eyeshadow. She also used Fervent pigment which gave the eyes a cool wet look. On the lips she used pencil in Vow starting from the cupids bow and then filling them in. 


Model for the second look was Babushka, first she used Hollow, a cream pigment as a base and then a wash of light vanilla eyeshadow (Stealth) on the whole eyelid, and then with a black eyeshadow (Obsidian) and sealing gel she made a line. Then she used some false eyelashes. On the lips she used two pencils, darker and lighter red (I forgot the names) and a red lipstick over hem to create a gradient effect of the color. 


Tip for the false eyelashes, always try them on the eyes first, trim them from the outer corner, part with the shorter hairs goes closer to the nose and before you use them roll the around something, she used a cotton bud, to make them more curved and easier to work with. On both looks she used Skin base as a foundation,  and just a little bit of blush. I liked the both looks and I'll try to recreate them if they look presentable you'll see them :D 


Afterwards I just asked a little  advice on eyeliner on my eyes because I always struggle with it and hooded eyes aren't the best for flicks, but here is what she did on my right


and left eye and I really like the result. I'm sorry for the black dots I need to change mascara because this one started to fall out. 


And here is a full face shot I like how you can actually see the flick even though my eyes are open. I hope you found this post interesting I know that everyone is writing about this but everyone has it's own view :) Thank you Illamasqua and Clare for a wonderful afternoon and a chance to meet some fellow beauty bloggers :)

12 comments:

  1. wow thanks for sharing the photos and impressions :) i'm sure it was a great event to attend! as for Clare' s accent - did you mean her English English? if so, I'm in love with English accent as well!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome :) yes she has a really lovely british accent and what I forgot to mention in the post a great sense of humor :)

      Delete
  2. *eyebrow, brow je čelo ;)
    Mislim da bi i ti mogla pokušati da naglasiš obrve, naravno, ne onoliko kao u Illamasquai...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hvala, puno tipkanja pa pobjegne svasta :)a moje obrve, ja sam ih tek nedavno uopce pocela popunjat, pa se jos navikavam na sve, uvijek kad probam (zasad jos samo po doma) mi se cine precudne/umjetne, valjda mi treba jos vremena, korak po korak. a i mucim se s oblikom koji je jos izrazeniji kad su naglasene pa i zato izbjegavam

      Delete
  3. I also like what she did on your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bilo nam je odlično i super smo se provele!Za vrijeme i nakon eventa! :D
    P.S. Brow nije čelo. Forehead je čelo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je definitivno treba ponovit ovakva druzenja :D Inace taman sam googlala, brow moze bit i obrva i celo tako da nisam zapravo omasila :D

      Delete
  5. Zvuči super, da sam u Zg vjerojatno bi navratila :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ako te put nanese ovamo svakako odi, a mozes se javit i za kavu usput :)

      Delete
  6. nešto si naučila, u tom je poanta, super :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. je :) a i samo druzenje je bilo zabavno :)

      Delete

Thank you for coming and reading, please leave a trace of your presence here I love reading your comments :)