Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Book reviews

First as you can see I've changed my design since I couldn't make the old one do what I wanted so you and I both will have to get used  to this one. As Nailcrazy requested pictures will be bigger from now on :) now I only have to go back trough all the posts and adjust them. (did that, my hand hurts from all the clicking) There will be more changes in the future but I'm still working on that ^_^ Now onto the post that was planned before this interruption.

I don't know will I make this a regular thing, but lately I am writing up reviews for the books that I read on Goodreads, you can check me out there, but for those who don't have an account there I thought it would be nice to share some of them over here since you liked the Fifty shades review. I won't publish ever review I write over here just the ones I see fit. :) As always some spoilers ahead so if you are really excited about reading some of these books it might be wise to stay away ;)

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In general sense of style and some parts of story very similar to 50 shades. But I think the storyline is more interesting here and it's written slightly better, there is no repetitiveness and cheap descriptions of sex, in fact they are very sparse. Characters are much more normal and there is no abusiveness and Travis although protective is not stalkerish or too much over the top. If you want a quick read it's not a bad choice to try.


View all my reviews



Where Rainbows EndWhere Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In the end I liked this book, but in the beginning I really struggled with the style. Writing everything in form of notes, letters, emails and IMs is innovative but it's hard to read, and for someone who is interested in characters like I am it's not enough, you don't know how they look like, how their surroundings look like. You just get a peak into their conversations and what they want to share with other people, which you know it's not always honest and doesn't tell the whole story about someone. For the story I think Rosie and Alex should have gotten together much earlier and if someone had that relationship in real life they would figure it out much earlier. Like this although it's seemingly a happy end I don't think it is. They basically spent so much time apart and now they have so little time left to enjoy each other, they can't have their own family now, they went over their big hurdles in life without being really there for each other. Yes they were friends and they wrote to each other, but it's not the same as a real conversation and a hug.
For Rosie as a character, I feel sorry for her, she is like a poster girl for everything going wrong in life and I think maybe the author overdid it a little bit, maybe I'm looking from a different perspective but I don't see it as very real.


View all my reviews

8 comments:

  1. Volim Cecilijine knjige, samo na hrv. Na engl odvratno sporo čitam, pa nemam živaca. Sviđa mi se novi dizajn, puno je pregledniji :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mene je zasad odusevila samo P.S. volim te, to sam kisu isusovu isplakala XD a citala sam i Da me bar mozes vidjeti, to mi bas i nije bila neka. Citat cu uskoro Book of tomorrow nadam se da ce ta bit dobra

      Delete
  2. Ja trenutno čitam Jhumpa Lahiri - Interpreter of Maladies.
    Šta se ovo svi furaju na 50 shades, ne mogu vjerovati da to smeće porede s Twilightom (nije ni Twilight vrhunac literature, ali za ovo jest)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a logicno je usporedjivat kad je nastao kao njegov fanfic, ja ne bi usporedjivala jer Twilight nisam citala, ali ono svi pricaju o tome pa svi pokusavaju malo zaradit radeci isto

      Delete
  3. vrijedna si, bravo, sviđa mi se novi look :D
    ove tvoje nisam čitala, ahernica mi se ne sviđa, ne čitam taj đir... a trenutno završavam p. cornwel - scarpetta
    i kupila sam si 'pjesmu o...' nečem, već sam zaboravila, od martina <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ne citas chick lit? meni je to omiljeni guilty pleasure :) A kay scarpettu sam citala davno knjigu il dvije (ima valjda deset godina od toga pa se ne sjecam XD) i nije bila losa, ali nisam ja za krimice. a martin Pjesma sudnjeg dana? ajde javi kakva je ja sam gledala za kupit jer mi se svidja dosad sve njegovo sto sam citala, ali ovo ipak nije iz tog dijela pa rekoh prvo mi trebaju neke recenzije

      Delete
  4. Sviđa mi se novi dizajn, jako!
    Ceciliju ne volim... Svidio mi se P.S. I love you, al onda je nekak previše zabrazdila u SF, kolko je to kod chick lit amoguće, jel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretpostavljam da mislis na Da me bar mozes vidjeti, bome ni meni ta nije bas sjela

      Delete

Thank you for coming and reading, please leave a trace of your presence here I love reading your comments :)